BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Matt Show

Well, lately most of the things that have been going on around here are Matt things. For example, we have two new family members:

(ok, our camera has given up the ghost - again - and I do not have a picture of the piano. Please picture in your mind a very old piano with a very bad paint job of white and gray over what I'm sure was once very beautiful wood. Now imagine Matt sitting in front of it with his fingers on the keys and a big goofy grin on his face. There, it's like you're here in the room with us, isn't it? Ok, I'll post a picture as soon as the camera is back on its feet...)



A Piano



(Again, you're going to have to employ your imagination to see the shiny black 1994 BMW which is so long it barely fits in the garage. And even if I had a picture, you'd still have to use your brain to conjure the image of the impressive modifications Matt has made to it under the hood, most notable of which is that it now runs! How many attorneys out there can say that they are also grease monkeys? I'll try and get a picture for you of him standing next to it looking pleased with himself. You're gonna love it.)




And a Car



Now Matt can drive to work on September 29 in high style. Which brings me to...

He passed the bar! Halleluia! The period of poverty is over! (or it will be in a week) It's a good thing he passed, because if he hadn't, we probably would have been evicted. To celebrate, we ordered pizza, we played tennis, we watched a movie, after I went to sleep Matt took apart the piano... the next night we went out to dinner with the 'Zoffs and to dessert after, then there was loud guitar playing, and finally, more tennis. Pretty much a perfect couple of days for Matty. I feel kind of guilty allowing this utopic lifestyle to come to an end just so I can eat and buy toilet paper - he's had such a summer of freedom. But I will try to overcome my unselfish tendencies and allow him to experience the splendor of the full time job as I have had the pleasure of doing these past four years. Yes, it will be new. Yes, it will be scary. But as we all know, new experiences can be broadening... to the bank account.

Oh, lazy summer Matt, I will miss the sound of the air compressor at 3 am. I will miss the "testing out" of your homemade amps and bass in the middle of the night. I will miss the spur of the moment road trips. I will miss the 10 pm paniced search for cereal and the following trip to Schnucks. And, of course, of course, the constant refrain of "you wanna go play tennis?" Obviously, most of these things will probably continue in some form, but I don't think it will be the same with work deadlines and sleep requirements hanging over our heads. Life's about to change again. Let's just hope it's for the better! Rest in peace, student/summer Matt - it was fun while it lasted. Good luck, licensed attorney Matthew Johnson! There's lots of fun in store for you too, I promise! Now LET'S GO MAKE SOME MONEY!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I checked your blog regularly, but apparently not because I didn't realize you posted this a week & a half ago.
See you lose the audience when you don't ever post!!!
So obviously congrats Matt! We are so much less stressed now that it's official & we like the Zoffs btw. And for some reason it's making me feel better about life now that I know Matt is sleeping normal hours with the rest of us.

Janell said...

I think I like your descriptions better than any picture you could post :)

Congrats to your H on passing the bar!

Danielle said...

How is it that I never came across your blog in the last two years?? Probably because I never actually go to people's blogs anymore (thank you Google reader).

Anyway, congrats to Matt passing the bar! That's gotta feel good! With Matt's first pay check you should buy yourself an awesome pair of new shoes or something. :)

Kristin said...

So while the Matt Show is very exciting, I'm looking forward to the Emily Show!

Heather said...

Congrats to Matt! I too, can sympathize with the husband-at-home-all-summer-long experience. It makes life a completely different experience when they are constantly around - especially when you don't have any money to go out and do things and you are at home most of the time! You are very good a painting a picture - I don't think you need a camera.